Nvidia, a graphics card company, has developed a dedicated control panel for them. This software allows for customization by adjusting the parameters in the direction desired by the user. The problem with this control panel, like other software products, is that it may crash and work incorrectly with some versions of Windows. Let’s figure out what to do if the Nvidia Control Panel does not open on Windows 7, 8, 10 and why this can happen.
Methods to Deal with Nvidia Control Panel Launch Problems
In most cases, problems arise due to the following:
- Incorrect operation of the OS.
- Driver problems.
- Incompatibility of the program with the Net Framework.
- The PC is infected with a virus program.
Below, we will discuss various solutions for different problems.
Setting a Higher Resolution
Several cases have been reported of interruptions caused by too low resolution manually set by the user. Therefore, you need to do the following:
- Right-click on the desktop.
- Select the “Monitor Resolution.”
- In the list of acceptable permissions supported by your system, select the largest.
- Confirm the choice.
- Launch the Nvidia control panel in Windows and check that it works correctly.
Windows Registry Fix
The next step in troubleshooting is adjusting the operating system registry. It is recommended that you make a copy of the existing registry before using this method to avoid irreparable failures. Algorithm of actions is the following:
- Press the Win + R combination.
- Register regedit in the command line.
- Go to the MenuHandler folder, which is located in HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT.
- Remove DesktopContext.
- Go to the shell folder, which can be found in the Background.
- Create a new section in it called Nvidia Control Panel.
- In a new section, create another one called command.
- Save the corrections made and reboot the system.
.Net Framework and VC ++ Redistributable Update
If the control panel is gone and does not want to work in the Windows 10 operating system, update the Framework and Redistributable. The software product data libraries may need to be updated for the control panel to function properly. Check the list of operating system updates. If available, download them. This should help you to deal with the problem.
Disable Quick Boot
In the case when none of the above methods helped, disabling Quick Boot will solve the problem. This option allows the PC to start faster, but while it is running, the system may ignore the automatic launch of other applications. Disable Quick Boot in BIOS. This is not difficult to do, and after rebooting the system, the control panel should function as expected.
As you can see, all the necessary actions are performed without any problems. Gradually following the recommendations will fix the problem and return the system to its previous performance.
The main thing is not to rush and strictly follow all these recommendations. And, of course, if you cannot solve the problem on your own, contact a specialist.